Design & Build Services Explained
Our 3 step process virtually ensures that your remodeling or renovation project will be within your budget, free of surprises and looking great for years to come.
We have successfully completed over 400 extensive remodeling and renovation projects including additions, kitchens, baths, whole house remodels and more in the past 40 years alone.
We provide our design build and remodeling services in Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Buckhead, Atlanta, Roswell, Decatur, Vinings, East Cobb, Alpharetta, Duluth, Johns Creek, Peachtree Corners, Chamblee, Doraville, Norcross, and Tucker.It if has been done, it is most likely that we have done it and will know how to handle the challenges posed by different properties. Less experienced remodeling companies will be getting on-the-job training at your expense and that can lead to a bad experience.
- During our initial consultation at your home, we will provide you with an overview of our design process and our normal fee structure. Design fees are based on the size and scope of the project. Some smaller projects may not require a fee and we will let you know that once we meet.
- We are not afraid to discuss budget during the first visit to ensure your budget meets your remodel expectations.
- At our first meeting we will review your property survey (if available) and take a tour of the area that you want to renovate. The tour helps us to gain a full understanding of your ideas and goals.
- Photographs will be taken of your existing rooms and potential issues identified. We will inspect the current structure and identify load bearing walls. We will review the movement of walls, windows and doors for feasibility if this is likely to be part of the project.
- Additional areas that will be considered in the site analysis are: the architectural design of the house and any other buildings on the property, utility and easement lines, accessibility of the area to be renovated, electrical capacity, hot water capacity and other conditions we observe.
- All of the existing elements are then noted on the initial drawing. All preliminary information is then reviewed and potential designs are explored. The client’s ideas and the designer’s experience are combined to create the conceptual design.
- Based on the size or complexity of the project one or more conceptual designs will be prepared and will include all desired features: placement of windows, doors, appliances, cabinets, doorways, closets and more.
- Once the conceptual design is refined and approved, a Final Design will be created. This is an interactive process done together on a computer so you can instantly see the changes and how they affect the look of the project.
- In the meantime you will work with a carefully selected group of suppliers to choose your preferred materials.
- A floor plan of the affected areas with perspective drawings and elevations is then prepared for cost estimation. Color Renderings can be offered at an additional cost TBD and included in the Design Proposal if requested.
- The design is presented to the client with appropriate photographs or descriptions of key installed materials and other elements. A proposal for the work is also provided at this time. The design is reviewed in detail and any changes or substitutions are noted and incorporated into the Final Design.
- The Final Design is approved by the client, the agreement is signed and a start date is determined. The initial deposit for construction is due at this time.
As a conscientious homeowner you want assurance that your remodeling project will look great for a long time, require very little maintenance, stand up to wear and tear and return its investment to you. It all begins with the proper design and plan.
Your life-long satisfaction with your project begins with working with a qualified remodeling contractor. When your project is well designed and properly installed with the right materials it should provide lasting pleasure for years to come.
We look forward to working with you on your project.
Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Buckhead, Atlanta, Roswell, Decatur, Vinings, East Cobb, Alpharetta, Duluth, Johns Creek, Peachtree Corners, Chamblee, Doraville, Norcross, and Tucker.